Wednesday, June 2, 2010

aaaand a Desk!

I'm telling you, this great room thing is tough! It's just so big- it takes a lot of work to make it all come together. Part of that process means a kitchen desk. You can see in this picture below, that over to the left there is a half a barstool sitting in a nook, that nook is fit for a kitchen desk or a dining hutch.


I decided I would rather put a desk there, because we would use it and I don't really see the utility in putting a hutch in a casual dining area. The desk would reduce my school clutter that ends up all over the couch- so we decided on a desk...but what desk?

Again, I turn to the "Greats," Brooke and Holly both have raved about Tritter Feefer. Actually Brooke bought the desk below for her own living/work space. It's the Natalie Desk

Doug things it's too plain, but that's what I love about it. I love that it's so simple and elegant. It is much more simple than my table, and I think it juxtaposes well with the industrial elements I'm adding in.

I also found this other table that is a little more involved from Nior. This is really great, too. I think I'm just going to use a dining chair for whatever I decide. Perhaps one of the end chairs that is slipped?

All of the above are a little pricey, so I started looking for some more affordable options. This one is from the Martha Stewart Home Collection, the Ingrid.

hmph...this one might be a little more difficult:)

No comments:

Post a Comment