Sunday, April 26, 2009

Youth Conference, yay.

So Doug and I were called today to be the Youth Conference coordinators. Generally the whole stake does it and they rent our door rooms at the U or something, but this year it's just our ward. 

It's exciting/scary- just like most things. Unlike most things, it's a little remnicent of my EFY days- so that's exciting. Unfortunately I was never an EFY coordinator- so this is a huge challenge. Doug doesn't seem that worried about it. I think he sees it as logistics mostly, and although logistic compentency is definitely necessary for a succesful conference- I feel like it's going to take a lot of creativity, revelation and preparation to make this event fun for the kids.

If you have any ideas I would love to hear about them- although I'm sure you'll find many of you to be my sounding board at things progress....


As if a huge three day youth event wasn't stress enough for the summer...we are having a big VT conference in June as well. I also need some fun ideas for that- especially because I want it to be super fun... you know like in college. So many opportunites to grow :/

1 comment: